Saturday, July 22, 2006

#85: Beppu Nogami Honkan

This is an old ryokan (Japanese style inn) that dates way back to Beppu's heyday many, many years ago. The old dude at teh front desk was one of the most sincerely nice hotel guys I have met in a long time.
The bath is nice, but not too hot with a giant stone where the onsen drips down. It is covered in onsen minerals from over the years. I guess it is famous.
Jude had a good time in the bath playing with the showers. Jeff enjoyed a nice bath with mom.
This is the first time I 've been to the main entertainment district at night in a LONG time. Just smelling the alcohol and hearing the karaoke made me tired. I am getting old, but I don't mind.



This is me making sure we get all our stamps. 85 down. 3 to go

1 comment:

McAlpine said...

I stayed here a few months ago. The guy at the front desk was nice enough to let me check in at midnight ! He even let me use the onsen,too. I'll post pics on my blog
later.

Thanks for the memory.