Tuesday, July 18, 2006

#81: Kanawa-so

With the amazing momentum of our 3-day weekend, we took to the streets of Kannawa once again. This time I actually plunked down more than 100 yen for an onsen (500 actually) and got a nice treat.
Kanawa-so is tucked down a little side-street, so little that I didn't even realize it was a street. This is the 4th time I have tried to find it. 4th time's a charm. It was a Tuesday night so not very hopping. There were a few old ladies over on the women's side, but the men's baths were all to us. There was an indoor bath, a sand bath, an outdoor bath and a "mist sauna." This was quite a complex. Funny I never noticed it before, but that is the beauty of Kannawa.
We stuck with the outdoor bath, enjoying the iron-y waters with the fallen leaves. There was a nice breeze out tonight, perfect for being naked in.
Jude claimed he had to poop so we made a scramble, but in the end it was a false alarm. Our foray into Level 11 ended with a nice soda flavored popsicle.
Tomorrow, we might just go down to the ramen joint that has a free onsen for paying customers. Nothing like some noodles in the nude. Will report again soon....

3 comments:

sallydechant said...

I had a terrible memory problem with Jeopardy Monday night, but when they said Kiyomizu
Temple was in this old capital, I could yell "Kyoto" at the top of my lungs. The contestants didn't now it, they were too young.

Joel said...

I was robbed, I tell you, robbed. Should've been on that show...

sallydechant said...

you betcha.