Saturday, September 10, 2005

Ogura Yakushi Onsen Oka no Yu(小倉薬師温泉丘の湯)

A small public bath with a long name. It wa 100 yen and very nicely kept up. I think the local municipal volunteers run it. right next to a shrine to a famous guy called Yakushi something. I need to figure what he did cuz his name is everywhere.
There was no stamp at the onsen so I went to the litle shop donwn the street where it was housed. A nice old lady came out and talked to us and gave Jude snacks. Bonus!
Parking can be troublesme at busy times and the water temp flucuates so be careful. But good to get the neighborhood feeling, not like the big all-purpose places (but very clean, I must stress)

We have now completed 25 hot springs. That is 3 levels down, 8 to go. Rock and roll! Winter will be upon us soon and I bet we'll knock em down in no time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.