Friday, May 27, 2005

Yama-no-Yu(山の湯)

Jude and I went to Yama-no-Yu last night. It was not as sulfur-y and stinky, or as hot, as I thought it may be. But is was nice. We were the only ones there. I guess everyone else hit the hotels for 260 yen baths.
It was rustic, log cabin type of place with a balcony and a gorgeous view of the city. It was a bit chilly up on the hill, but hey, that doesn't really matter when you're in a tub full of hot water.
After the bath, Jude and I drove up to the Jumonjibaru lookout to catch a better view of Beppu. It was dark out and the city lights on the bay were great. You get a good view of APU from there too. So Jude and I practiced saying "APU." He can't get it in one go, but if you do it one letter at a time he can say it. Very cute.

Hope to get some photos in here soon. Hang on a bit, please.
I have started working on the Japanese version of this site. I can assure you I don't ramble so much in a foreign language.

No comments: